Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cream of Cannolini Soup with Kale.


My diet has been way less green (in color, not climate commitment) lately that I’d like it to be. So I’ve been finding ways to sneak in green things in everything I eat. Tonight I made cream of cannolini soup with kale and lemon. It’s from this book Tofu 1-2-3 that, from its title and cover design looks absolutely worthless, but actually turned out to be one of the best (and incidentally vegan) cookbooks I (we) own. I threw a toasted whole-wheat pita on the side and called it something mediterianian. …OPA?!...er, yeah. As you can see, mom helped me out by making this sassy grapefruit…thing. It was chopped local grapefruits, basil strips, and balsamic vinegar. It was really vibrant and light and went with the warm, earthy soup really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment