Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Curried Humility.


Having crossed the Atlantic to come home from winter break, I thought I would use the opportunity to wow my parents by cooking impressive Indian food…something I’ve never done…without any kind of recipe. I thought I was that awesome. I made Chana Masala, which turned out…okay enough, but not nearly as good as I wanted. Mom offered to ‘make some rice,’ which I assumed meant nothing more than rice+H2O+Heat. I was wrong. She made this kick-ass spiced basmati rice…thing! It upstaged my Chana Masala by a longshot. Credit must be given where credit is due. That was a pretty impressive stunt.

She said she learned it from this lady’s youtube channel--Manjula's Vegetarian Kitchen. Check it out and tell me if its any good. Here's the Basmati one in question:

No comments:

Post a Comment